Welcome to Kabe International Academy!
*Kabe means Quetzal from the Indigenous Boruca Community
Greetings! Welcome to the newest addition to the educational environment of the Southern Pacific Zone! We are Kabe International Academy, a new school located just north of Uvita, Costa Rica. Our new school is set to open September of 2018 and we are so excited to finally share our school with you!
Our website is still under construction, but we wanted to provide people a chance to meet us and begin learning more. We've posted some initial information on here so please take a look and keep checking back with us, there's still much more to come!
Our Mission is to provide quality education that prepares students to reach their fullest potential and to care for their community and environment.
WHERE THINGS STAND
Our founding board is currently working on plans for a bi-lingual international school. Key features being studied are:
- Pre-K to grade 12 to be opened Sep 2018
- Curriculum to be based on IB (International Baccalaureate) and MEP (Costa Rican) standards
- Property already purchased for a purpose-built building.
(site location is just north of Uvita)
- Initial buildings planned for 300 students, designed for community use
- Certified administrator/principal and experienced certified teachers
- Non- profit and financial transparency